Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Vol. 1

Author:  Greg Pak

Artist:  Mirko Colak

Publisher:  Dynamite Entertainment

First Publication:  Sept. 16, 2014

Source:  Net Galley

Graphic Novel Challenge #27

Collects:  Turok:  Dinosaur Hunter #s 1-4

Turok was one of the titles originally published by Gold Key, revived once by Valiant Comics, then Dynamite got the rights to bring it back again.  So far, Dynamites's versions of the Gold Key line have impressed me (Solar-Man of the Atom and Magnus-Robot Fighter).

Greg Pak has put the young Native American named Turok in an alternate history version of America.  The British have invaded with the assistance of dinosaurs.  How have the dinosaurs survived?  That is not revealed.  In the previous versions, Turok has Native American friends.  In this one he is an outcast forced into an uneasy alliance with others against the British.  Pak's story keeps the action going at a fast pace.  

The art by Mirko Colak is very good.  I have not read anything else he has drawn but I will be looking for more of his work.  I enjoy the way he draws the fauna and back ground details.  

Overall it is a very good book that I will be looking for in the future.



1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd read this but I haven't so I just downloaded it. I love Dynamite's remakes!

    ReplyDelete