Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Daytripper #3

Story & Art:  Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba

Vertigo Comics

Cover Date:  April 2010

Daytripper is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  The first issue was a classic while the second issue had a slight drop in quality.  This was due to the ending of the first issue.

Issue three is another slice of life story.  This time it features the breakup of Bras and his long time girlfriend.  Moon and Ba do a realistic job of showing the effects of a breakup.  It would be easy to believe that this is happening to a real person.


Without seeming rushed, the latter part of the story shows how Bras is beginning to pull out of his depression.  And once again they pull a surprise ending off.  At this point I have no clue where this story is going.  All I know is that I am definitely in for the duration.  There is no way that I am going to miss the rest of this fascinating story.


5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment